“The principal person in a picture is light.” ~Edouard Manet
Linda Anderson, IES, LEED-AP
Linda formed Lighting Language & Design, LLC after working for several years at an engineering firm and then at another lighting consulting firm. She brings a diverse portfolio of lighting and construction experience with a range of project types. As a practicing artist and studio art major, she focuses on commercial and residential projects requiring her unique creative perspective.
- Principal, Lighting Language & Design, LLC Pittsboro, NC, Present
- Senior Designer, Colorlume Inc., Carrboro, NC, 2008-2010
- Lighting Designer, RMF Engineering, Durham, NC, 1999-2007
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Studio Art, 1996
National Council for the Qualification of Lighting Professionals (NCQLP)
- LC (Lighting Certified)
Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA)
- Professional Member
- East Carolina Section Education Committee Chair 1999-2003
- Linda served on the Board of Managers for the East Carolina Section from 1999-2003 and currently serves once again.
International Dark Sky Association (IDA)
- Individual Member
United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- LEED Associated Professional
In her role as Principal and Designer at Lighting Language & Design, LLC, Linda provides design and management on all projects. Her design responsibilities include lighting concept visualization, electric and daylighting calculations, mock-ups, specification writing, design development, CAD work, economic analysis, shop drawing review as well as on-site construction management and final aiming/focusing & programming.
Linda has prior experience as a municipal building inspector and electrical inspector and has worked in building-related business for more than 25 years.